Friday, April 24, 2015

Add more elegance to your home screen with Muzei Live Wallpaper

Add more elegance to your home screen with Muzei Live Wallpaper

Wallpaper is very important to me. Since I see it every single time I look at my phone, I'd like to have a beautiful, elegant wallpaper that makes me feel good whenever I wake up my phone. I used to search for wallpapers every once in a while since I used to get bored with the one I have and sometimes that search would go on and on and I would not be satisfied with anything I see. I finally stumbled upon Muzei and I instantly fell in love with it. Muzei is a live wallpaper app which changes wallpapers once a day or after a specific interval of time (that you've set in the Settings). Not finding it very special, huh? Here's the best part. The wallpaper is slightly blurred so that the widgets or icons on the homescreen stand out, thus making it very elegant looking. And when you want to see the actual wallpaper, you just have to double tap on the home screen. Double tapping would show you the wallpaper in full HD for few seconds, and it goes back to being a little blurry. Below are two images. The first one is the normal state when it is blurred and the second is after you double tap your homescreen.



I really love this kind of wallpaper because being blurry makes it look very beautiful and you also get to see the actual wallpaper whenever you want by just double tapping the home screen. Another thing about Muzei is that you can add plugins like 500px, NASA Astronomy picture of the day and so many others. So you can get to customize the category of wallpapers that you would enjoy and get fresh wallpapers every now and then.

 

Okay, okay. For those of you who say "Blurred wallpapers is not my cup of tea", you can change the Settings in the app where you have sliders to change blur, dim and grey levels. You also get notifications on new wallpapers and you can change them if you don't like it. The only gripe I have about this app is (although it's too little an issue to whine about), I can't select from multiple sources. I have 3-4 plugins installed, like, 500px, NASA Astronomy picture, etc. I can select only one of these and not more. But, I'm happy with the wallpapers I get on my phone and I'm not really complaining about it too much. Try it out and let me know your thoughts.
Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment