Thursday, October 24, 2013

First look at Switchr - task switcher

First look at Switchr - task switcher

Switchr - A beautiful application designed to switch between the tasks. This application is developed by Mohammad Adib. He has developed many other beautiful applications like Roundr, Floating Stickies, Sidebar etc. And looks like there is a huge fan following for this guy. Number of downloads has crossed 10,000 within couple of days after its release in playstore. If you have used Swipepad then you might kind of feel familiar with this app. Because this works more or less in a similar way. Swipepad will display predefined list of apps whereas Switchr will display recently used or running apps. Once Switchr is installed on the device a hotspot will be created in left corner of the screen. Swiping from that hotspot in a direction opposite to it will open the list of apps. I must say look and feel of this app is just awesome. Interface is really smooth and transition effect of the apps list works like a charm. You can choose between two different transition effect i.e Switchr flow and Switchr slide. In Switchr flow , list of apps will be displayed in a liner way and the list moves as you keep swiping.  In Switchr slide, one app at a time will be displayed and you will have to swipe left-right in order to move to next app in the list. You can also use system transition by selecting this feature in settings. This is the story with free version and with paid you get lot more features like display running tasks, display unlimited tasks, close apps, coverflow effects, live task switching, right side swiping, gestures, blacklist/whitelist apps and no ads.

Now coming to the main part, I was really amazed by the reviews given by many famous Android website and I was stunned by looking at the demo video in Youtube. But I am really disappointed to say I couldn't open most of the apps using Switchr in my Samsung Galaxy Note. While listing and transition really worked well but I just couldn't open the apps. I am not sure if this is only with Note or its same with other mobiles as well. If anyone gets a chance to test this in your mobile then please drop a comment about your experience. This is definitely a major bug and we should be expecting a quick update from the developer. If this gets fixed then I will give full marks to this application.
























Users rating - 4.4
A&F rating - 3.5 (Because of Major bug)
Application size - 2.34 MB
Downloads so far - 10,000+
Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment